Tired of wearing black on black? We still have all fall and winter to go, so switch it up from your browns and blacks with this winter’s favorite neutral and must have hue – oxblood. Somewhere between a bordeaux and a burgundy, this sultry dark red adds effortless sophistication to your everyday look. Whether you are rocking a designer piece or you are on a fashionista budget, there are so many easy ways to add this red wine accent. Check out a few ways to slip into this sleek shade.
1) The jean ~ paired with black or brown booties, a chambray top and a messy bun, this look easily transitions from lounging around the apartment to taking a quick afternoon shopping trip.
2) The coat ~ pair it with a leather skirt and you are ready to hit the town….even in the snow.
3) The vest ~ This one goes out to the biker chicks, the daredevils and those daring souls who are not afraid to test the limits. How about an oxblood leather vest? If you are in, here is a cool new way to wear a classic leather vest.
4) The sweater ~ Easy, breezy, oxblood sweater. It is going to get cold ladies, and this flirtatious shade looks good on just about anyone. Style suggestion ~ pair with patterned tights, short booties and a long gold necklace.
5) The dress ~ Everyone’s favorite is the party dress.
Inspiration from Pinterest.
I absolutely love jacket weather!! Check out my office look today! I found this jacket last weekend at Marshalls for $20!! The patterned dress is from Steinmart. I think I paid around $30 for it several weeks ago. The chunky pearl necklace I scored at H&M for $8…..yes, $8. The shoes are Nine West.
When you add a layer, you can easily change your entire look. This is a perfect idea for fall when it starts to get a little chilly outside. Add a collared shirt under a dress or add a vest to your outfit. Want to pump a basic outfit, just add a scarf. You can practically double your wardrobe by experimenting with different layering combinations. Give it a whirl.
Inspiration from Pinterest.
This is a perfect example of how you take a summer dress and make it work in the fall. I bought this dress at Old Navy back in June for only $8. I have been wearing it all summer with sandals. Today I added a black cardigan and my Nine West booties to bring the look into the cooler months. So I get to wear this cotton dress year round. The chevron necklace is from Ann Taylor Loft and the chunky silver bracelet is from Charming Charlie.
By the way, the scene behind me is the view from my office window. I am a lucky girl.
I have on my new favorite from Ann Taylor. Today I added this eggplant short sleeve light sweater from the Marshalls sale rack ($6.99), and my black blazer I have owned for years to bring the outfit together. Look for this skirt in future blogs, because I love it.
I recently blogged about this colorful dress I purchased from Ann Taylor for $34.99 a couple of weeks ago. Today I added my Nine West jacket (yes, Nine West does more than shoes) from Macy’s to bring the look into fall. By adding the jacket, I am able to wear this dress year round.
I am a little obsessed with polka dots right now. I found this black and white polka dot dress last weekend when I was looking for something completely different of course. The sale at Macy’s was just too good to pass up! Everything on their sale racks was 75% off. I added a little pop of color with my fuchsia peep toes pump. When the weather starts to get a little chilly, I will just add the black fitted jacket I already own. By the way, a black fitted jacket is a must have for fall / winter.
Please ignore my squinty eyes and blowing hair. The wind and sun were not cooperating with this photo shoot.