When I find a piece that really works for me, I tend to purchase it in multiples. I have another maxi dress almost like this (see blog from May 8)….same brand, purchased at JCP. I just love the cut of the top half, and it is so comfortable. Plus over the weekend, I found it was on sale!
Memorial Day is right around the corner, which means the official start of summer is here!! I do not think I could be more excited to be diving into my favorite season of the year. Bring on the beach days, backyard barbecues and after work happy hours! Whether you have your Memorial Day Weekend plans set in stone or are still trying to figure out how you will be spending the long weekend, one thing is certain: You will want to have your first official outfit of the summer season nailed down. No matter where you find yourself celebrating, these styling suggestions will have you looking perfectly polished for any long weekend occasion.
Backyard BBQ ~
Chances are good that you will be attending a barbecue of some kind during the upcoming holiday weekend. Luckily, dressing for such an event is easy as pie… Grab your favorite sundress, flowy shorts, or silky pants and add a hat and sandals. You will want to be wearing fabric that is comfortable and casual, as a BBQ does not require playing dress up.
Afternoon Garden Party ~
This holiday weekend is the perfect time of year to spend time outdoors enjoying the last of our beautiful spring blooms. So if you have a special outdoor event on your calendar (like a bridal shower or baby shower), you have every excuse to get a little dressed up for the occasion.
Inspirations from Pinterest.
Bad weather can be depressing! However, you can still look stylish on a rainy day. From what type of material you can wear to how to stay dry without sacrificing style, dressing well when it is rainy out just requires a little planning in advance. Here are some of my rainy days tips.
1. Add a pop of color. Do not be scared to wear something fun and bright on a rainy day. Nothing brightens my mood more than a bold colored outfit.
2. Invest in a class trench coat. Trench coats can be inexpensive and super cute. They are such a classic and essential piece to have in your wardrobe. They are perfect for all occasions and especially rainy days.
3. Be careful of the materials you wear. Obviously suede is not a good choice. I would avoid leather shoes that have not been treated as well. You do not want to ruin your shoes.
4. Go crazy with the rain boots. There are so many cute rain boots out there today to fit everyone’s sense of style. Like scarves, they literally come in every color. Have fun and find a pair you love!
5. A sassy umbrella can be an awesome accessory. There are so many choices, so you do not have to stick to boring black.
A rainy day could dampen your inner fashionista, but do not let it. You can avoid becoming a rainy day disaster by planning ahead.
Inspiration from Pinterest.
I found this maxi dress at JCP. They were having a dress sale, so I only paid $25 after the discount. I will wear this all summer long. It is so comfortable!!
Sunday Funday ~ shopping! I love this label – Max Edition. I found this at Steinmart for $29.99. It is light weight, comfortable…..and perfect for summer!