Miniature. Tiny. Short. Vertically challenged. These are some of the words to a petite stature. Finding clothes that work with your petite frame can be a challenge. Here is a list of fashion mistakes petite girls should try to avoid when putting together an outfit.
1. Over Sized Sweaters ~ There is nothing better than a cozy, oversized sweater on a cold day. Still, be mindful of your choice. Unless you want to lose yourself in a sea of threads, pair that chunky knit with some leggings or tailored jeans. And if you are trying to go for something more flattering, opt for sweaters that hug your frame a little better.
2. Long Tops ~ Long tops or tunics do not always cut at the right length for shorter women. Instead of looking chic, they can sometimes look baggy, giving more sloppy than refined vibes.
3. Tea Length Dress / Skirts ~ If you want to lengthen your legs, the last thing you should do is cut it off with a tea length skirt or dress.
4. Turtlenecks ~ Showing off your neck and décolletage is a must for making yourself look longer and leaner.
5. Boxy Coats / Jackets ~ Boxy is the opposite of what you are – petite. As a result, it can make you look and feel like Paddington Bear. If you decide to wear a boxy coat, do not be afraid to offset it by showing some skin.
6. Rounded Toed Shoes ~ You have probably heard this a million times before, but that is because it is so true. Unlike round toed shoes, pointed heels or flats can make your legs look long and lean.
7. Massive Handbags ~ Find a clutch or a small purse that is more proportional with your body.
8. Midi Skirts ~ Midi skirts end mid-calf, which can give the illusion of shorter, stumpy looking legs.
9. Half Calf Boots ~ You know what I am going to say…do not cut your leg line off. Calf length boots might seem like a good idea, but your legs are better off with ankle booties.
I am not saying that as a short human, you should never wear these ever again. I am merely suggesting that when you do, remember to balance it out with something that flatters your petite frame. If you are going oversized and boxy on top, show a little leg to lengthen your body. It is all about balance!!!