When it comes to fashion, fall is my favorite season….I get to stock up on cozy sweaters, buy new boots, and fill my wardrobes with rich colors and fabrics. And as with every new season comes the fall trends of 2014. This year, the fall runways were full of great styles that I cannot wait to try out. From head to toe knit ensembles to pops of electric blue and even some bad ass bandanas, this season’s trends are definitely eclectic. So whether you are a minimalist or someone looking to make a bold statement, I bet you will find a style or two to love this autumn. And to make things a little easier for you, I have put together a list of some of the hottest styles of the season.
1. Mod Styles The swingin’ ’60s are back with a vengeance this fall, and I could not be happier. Think sheath dresses, bold colors, and go-go boots, as see on the runways of Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Valentino.
2. Fair Isle Prints There is nothing cozier for fall / winter than a great knit sweater. When I see these chunky sweaters, I cannot help but imagine sitting by a fire in a cabin while drinking hot chocolate with tons of marshmallows…or maybe something a bit stronger. Is it winter yet?
3. Head To Toe Knits Knits are not just for sweaters anymore! According to designers like Marc Jacobs and Stella McCartney, this fall calls for comfy knits from head to toe. So, staying warm does not have to mean being bundled up in a blanket anymore.
4. Every Shade Of Blue Blue was definitely one of fall’s standout colors. I saw it come down the runways in everything from navy, to powder blue, to royal, and I could not get enough. Thanks to the variety of shades, there is a perfect one for every gal’s wardrobe.
5. Colored Leather Skirts Leather for fall is nothing new, but for the upcoming season, I saw the hide in almost all the colors of the rainbow. Louis Vuitton showed leather skirts in buttery orange while Richard Nicoll sent models down the runway in electric royal blue, proving that leather is so much more exciting than black and tan.
6. Menswear Inspired A great suit goes a long way, especially in a woman’s wardrobe. This fall, I saw models stomp down the runways looking effortlessly chic in trousers and blazers at Isabel Marant and Hermes.
7. Tough Girl Chic The fall 2014 runways were full of outfits suitable for us fashionable ladies to get through anything in style. From skull print face bandanas to shin guard like heels, the upcoming season kicks some serious ass.
8. Sparkly Shoes Who doesn’t love a sparkly shoe? They are the perfect accent to liven up any outfit, and they will fare you well when the holiday season hits. Fall runways saw glittery on all types of shoes — from the crystal encrusted boots at Alexander McQueen to the low-heeled Mary Janes at Saint Laurent.
9. Fun Fur Much like leather, faux fur is a fall / winter staple, but when produced in fun colors and prints, the whole trend seems new again. This season’s furry outerwear is sure to be a hit with the fashionable set.
10. Ruby Red Another statement color for the season was red, in all shades. Try it this season as an accent color, or go bold and wear it head to toe.