As the wise Carrie Bradshaw once said, “I like my money right where I can see it… hanging in my closet.” Creating the perfect closet and wardrobe is an art form. I like to think that the recipe for success is a handful of fun, trendy pieces and a foundation of classic wardrobe staples. It is smart to invest in timeless staples rather than the more frivolous items, because those staples will never go out of style. Plus, you can build the rest of your wardrobe around them. While everyone probably has their own version of “The Classics”…here is my list of wardrobe staples worth investing in.
1. A Little Black Dress. The LBD tops every list of wardrobe must haves for good reason…it is eternally stylish and versatile. Invest in one you really love, and I guarantee you will be rocking it for years to come.
2. A Pair of Dark Wash Jeans. Versatility and timelessness make for an ideal wardrobe staple, like jeans. Jeans are a great staple because they can be styled in an endless variety of ways. And they are really comfortable! Choosing an investment pair will guarantee you get a really good fit and durable fabric that will last you throughout the years.
3. A Structured Jacket. A structured jacket is one of the most versatile pieces you can own. When you choose a well fitting option, it’s also one of the most flattering things you can wear. The perfect blazer can be worn to dress up your jeans, top off your pencil skirt, or even contrast a flowy maxi dress. The options are truly endless with this classic.
4. Comfortable Black Pumps. Black pumps are the little black dress of footwear. They are professional enough for work, stylish enough for a date, and perfect for just about any occasion. So while I love skyscraper heels as much as the next gal, it is not smart to spend a ton of money on shoes that are too uncomfortable to wear.
5. A White Button Down Shirt. Finally, every girl needs a nice button down shirt. Like all the other staples, it can be dressed up or down and worn in a variety of different settings. For my ladies with larger chests, be sure to choose one that does not pucker at the buttons.
Inspiration from Pinterest.