I was asked the other day, if wearing a scarf in the summer was acceptable. My answer is ABSOLUTELY. Scarves are much more than a winter accessory — they are a year round necessity! From shirts, to necklaces, to bustiers, to shrugs, scarves can do it all. And to help all of my warm weather scarf resistant friends, I have compiled 9 ways to wear these beauties when the sun is shining.
1. THE SCARF BUSTIER. I love when scarves can double as clothes! Wear this Scarf Bustier as a bathing suit cover up at your next pool party. Layer a denim jacket over your faux bustier, and pair it with a flowing maxi skirt.
2. THE FANCY SCARF BRAID. When life calls for a fancy knot, be prepared with this scarf tying technique. While the braid looks complicated, it is actually easy and breezy.
3. THE SHOULDER DUSTER. This is not your grandmother’s scarf knot. Paired with a pair of chic flats and a striped top, this scarf style will have you looking like a 1950’s movie star in no time!
4. THE CARMEN MIRANDA. We think this unique knot looks like a bunch of grapes — Carmen Miranda would approve. This style sure is a sweet treat for your wardrobe. Whether you think this knot looks like a bunch of grapes or a bundle of baubles, this is a truly creative way to wear your scarves!
5. GIRLY WINDSOR KNOT. Do not let your man have all the fun! Sometimes, even girliest of girls needs some necktie inspiration in her wardrobe. Let your scarf double as the feminine equivalent of a necktie.
6. SCARF BOA. We like to think of this knot as the feather boa’s sophisticated sister. Pair this knot with a blouse, a mini, and sky high stilettos for city chic style.
7. SKINNY SCARF NECKLACE. Necklaces are nice and scarves are splendid. Why not merge the two?
8. COWBOY BOLO TIE. Try this style with a thin scarf to mimic a western inspired bolo tie. Giddy Up!
9. HOLLYWOOD HILLS. You are cruising a California coastal highway, top down, with a scarf blowing over your shoulder. This knot gives you that look — no matter where you are!