Even if you keep to a strict clothing budget, you can and definitely should justify spending more on certain items, for their quality and timeless style. Investing in a few quality pieces could actually save you money over the long haul. Here are five splurges that are worth every penny.
1. A Sturdy Leather Tote. Pick one in a neutral shade such as black, tan, gray, or orange that works with your whole wardrobe. A tote can be used for work, weekends, or even the gym.
2. A Cashmere Sweater. Think of it as a blanket you can curl up in on cold winter days. Always look for a high ply cashmere, since it is the thickest and warmest.
3. Great Dark Wash Jeans. There is a reason you should spend over $100 on a pair of jeans. A great pair of jeans can make your derriere look terrific! Spend a Saturday trying different pairs until you find one that works for your body. Not all jeans are created equally, so it might take some time trying on different types and brands.
4. One Great Dress. It does not have to be black, it just has to make you feel confident and look stunning. Choose one that is appropriate for work, but can also be dressed up for night life.
5. A Professional Suit. It makes you look instantly polished and requires nearly zero thought on a busy morning. This can be a suit with pants or a skirt, depending on your personal preference. Choose one that is a neutral color, so it goes with all your blouses.
Inspiration from Pinterest.